Sunday, August 12, 2007

Addy & Lilly Arrive


The girls are here. Born 8/11 at 5:20 and was 4 lbs 15 oz (Lilly) and 5:22 at 4 lbs 5 oz. (Addy). It was 33 weeks and 5 days, so we were worried, but at this point they are amazing fighters.
My water broke yesterday around 9:45, but my doc didn't want to check for anything for fear of rupturing even more. So, she encouraged me to wait out some of the contractions until they became quote the worst pain you have ever felt. So after a few hours and no epidural yet I told her that I had hit that point. She checked me and I was 9 centimeters dilated "10 is the goal" They rushed to get me the epidural and into the operating room. I pushed for about 20 minutes with no action. Then the Doctor realized Lilly was coming out hand first in order to be safe rather than sorry we opted for a C section at that point.
The babies are currently in the neonatal intensive care unit but are in very good shape. I will be in the hospital until Wednesday and the babies through this next weekend at least.
We will upload more pictures later.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL:) You and Jeremy look so happy:) I cannot wait to meet them:)

jen lev said...

I'm so excited for you four! I love you and miss you! ! CONGRATS!

Ashley said...

Aww!! Congrats Aimee!! They are so cute!! I bet you guys are very excited!! :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations Aimee and Jeremy!!! And welcome to the world, Addy and Lilly! I can't wait to take their first portraits. -Kate