Thursday, August 16, 2012
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Thursday, May 31, 2012
|Family Photo at Graduation!|
|Addy avoiding a real smile for the camera!|
|Lilly LOVES being in the spotlight!|
|Proud Grandma Jody|
|Proud Grandma Linda|
|Their teacher, Mrs. E.|
Monday, May 21, 2012
We had the girls' dance recital a few weeks ago and I'm still waiting on the 'professional' video, so I didn't take any video of the day. I did however, remember to record one of their last class sessions. One of the things I LOVE about the studio they take classes at, is that the instructor gives each child a time to shine in her own way. This is illustrated by their 'spotlight' dance at the end of each class. She lets them dance, for as long as they want, all by themselves, while everyone else cheers them on. She ends the dance with a big hug from her and a big hug from mom! Too cute!
Monday, April 23, 2012
Hot dogs-strawberries-carrots-2nd generation friends-doesn't get much better!
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
It was the first year they weren't afraid of the bunny. It was the first year that I didn't restrict candy intake and therefore it was the first year we were still awake at 10:30 p.m. Lilly complained her basket was too small and Addy started filling up her dress with the egg overflow. We gathered with 4 generations for brunch and I don't think my girls realize how special that really is. Hopefully one day they will. Enjoy the pictures. Note for next year: plan to dress warmer (it was chilly in Indy)
Friday, March 23, 2012
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
- Toilet paper rolls & kitchen paper towel rolls
- 1 cardboard box (we used large granola bar box/ a rectangular kleenex box would work too)
- Card stock or construction paper
- Paints (you don't need to paint, but that was their favorite part)
- Glue (we used a hot glue gun)
- Cut semi-circle card stock pieces that can fold and make cones for the castle tops. Staple to close securely.
- Assemble the castle the way you want it to look (we took a picture to remember how to put it back together after painting)
- Paint all the pieces
- Re-assemble using glue gun-add details (square pieces for windows, stickers in the front, etc)
- The girls are using this as their 'jewelry' display for their pasta necklaces and valentines day rings and such they have been collecting. They were so proud to show off to Daddy!