Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fall Family Fun...

Just when I thought I couldn't sing "It's raining, it's pouring the old man is snoring..." one more time, the sun came out for the weekend! We ventured out for some good fall fun...
"Follow the leader, sissy"--Addy
"Look, dad, I picked this one just for you."--Lilly
"I got the goods, let's check out the pumpkins."
Lilly, thinking she could be a supermodel even in the middle of a dirt field...
These girls LOVE Saturdays and spending time with their daddy
Lilly among the sunflowers
Addy, taking time to stop and smell the flowers....
Have I mentioned that I LOVE our new camera. We splurged on a Nikon D90 for our 30th birthday presents to each other (with a bit of help from both sets of parents). I'm still learning a lot about digital SLRs and am hoping to enroll in a workshop in November so I know how to use all its amazing features, but we are having fun with it. I'm trying my best to capture the wonder and amazement on their faces as they soak up each adventure. They are soooo eager to learn and remind me every day to SLOW down and teach, they can talk endlessly about a caterpillar on the sidewalk or the blueberries that found their way into their pancakes and when I'm rushing to get out the door, I have to remember that almost every minute of their day is a chance to learn something new. This is my newest mommy challenge.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

I love these photos! Nice to put the girls to work with their wagons:) I don't know that you should be encouraging child labor Aimee & Jeremy! The girls are looking really tall! They do not get that from me:( I bet your new camera is really nice - the pictures are beautiful.

Ashley said...

That picture of you and Lilly is so cute!! You look amazing!! And I love the Daddy/daughters picture too! You guys are so precious! :)

Laura and Jeremy said...

Great pics! So jealous of the new camera! Looks like you had a great time.